(you first name sounds french, definitively)
Yes I filled a bugradar, and it has been accepted.
Here is what is wrote on the "Help" forum:
> Thank you for investigating on this confusing problem!
> I know this is frustrating, and I can testify I spent many hours
> trying to solve this problem by every mean. I even started to write
> a kernel extension.
> I talked with some Apple developers and they acknowledged this
> problem as a bug of the Bluetooth HID system, a bug I reported on
> Apple's tracking system. There is no date for resolution, and I
> don't think there will be a fix for 10.4, rather it might be
> release in an update of 10.5. This is good news because we know
> what the problem is (if anyone wants details, I explained the
> problem in a previous message), but this is also not so good news,
> because there is no resolution date.
> Another details that may disappoint some of us: at this moment, it
> is not possible to write a HID device driver for the wiimote,
> because the necessary kernel header can not be obtained from Apple.
> The reason is that the API is not documented and that it is not
> stable enough to be publicized right now. Again, maybe in the
> future, and certainly after Leopard is released.
On 28 mars 07, at 01:06, jeanpierre@... wrote:
> hiya -
> what dreaded OS-level bug are you running into? have you filed a
> radar at https://bugreport.apple.com?
> can't wait to check out your work in jasen's branch and OSCulator
> once it is released :)
> On 3/27/07, Camille <tuscland@...> wrote:
> Hi all,
> As you may have seen, I have done some commits in Jasen's branch.
> My software, OSCulator, is going to be released this week, and with
> the code that is in Jasen's branch.
> Though not perfect, this is currently the best combination I came up
> with. The connection to the Wiimote is very smooth (though we are
> still limited by the dreaded bug in Mac OS) and extension controllers
> are recognized every time.
> Classic Controller now works like a charm, and some IR code has been
> I made some changes, that will break the compatibility with Darwiin
> Remote. These are not huge changes actually. I can help you figure
> out what are the changes. Basically, the setXXX method (like
> setMotionSensorEnabled) no more return a IOReturn, because they
> actually don't do communication with the Wiimote anymore. There's
> only one exception where the design is not really good, where the
> setIRSensorEnabled actually does a couple of writes.
> I found that it was not useful to retry to do a write or to retry a
> connection attempt (the for loops in 0.4). I left one loop in the
> sendCommand method, but I will remove it later. Actually when the
> wiimote is badly connected, the l2capChannelClosed is called, and
> then is it time to close the connection.
> Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to
> share your
> opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
> Darwiin-remote-developers mailing list