CVS has been updated, major changes:
* Fixes for 2.3.0. No more crashes!
* Source generation:
* The code will only be marked modified if there *were* changes.
* Code generated from dictionaries are now exported in sorted order
so that there are unecessary code changes (like the order of
parameters shuffling around) This makes the output rom the
designer much more CVS friendly.
* Any code (e.g. code you added by hand) left unparsed in the
generated _init_* methods will be shown in a warning box.
* Any exception during the parsing and creation of the Designer
will rollback and Cancel the designer session, saving you the
temptation to post possibly broken code ;)
I should have done this a long time ago.
I hope these changes curb the occurences of the Designer
corrupting your source.
If after this you still have reproduceable steps to let the
Designer break the source, please mail them to me and I will try
to fix it.
You must however realise that editing _init_* methods is dangerous
and done at your own risk, no guarantees.
One important note on _init_* methods (I will add it to the docs).
Boa owns the entire code block between the start of one method
and the start of the following method.
This means that class variables between methods will be eaten.
At least now you will be warned about it.
I plan on collapsing _init_* methods with Scintilla's code folding
after posting a Designer session.
* Shell improvements (Auto complete and call tips) and bug fixes
* Improved status display
* Boa is now scriptable (sort of) ;)
There is now a special name added to sys: sys.boa_ide
It's a reference to the Editor object. Almost everything in Boa
can be reached thru the Editor.
Obviously scripts imported in the Boa shell can also access this
object by importing sys.
Boa Constructor - RAD GUI building IDE for wxPython