Congratulations to everyone (especially Reini) on the new release! I've
upgraded with only minor hiccups and am going over the new features (as
well as getting up to speed on the old ones).
On a personal note, I managed to get my FileBlog plugin working but as of
now it is, indeed, a truly ugly hack. ;-)
To sum up, I can now take a picture with my phone and in a minute or so,
have it show up with explanatory text on a Wiki page. The process I came
up with is:
1) Take picture.
2) Send as an attachment in an e-mail (to myself).
3) Filter the mail with procmail.
4) Pipe to a shell script which unpacks the attachment and text into the
wiki uploads directory.
5) Shell script makes the files in that directory world readable.
6) User loads the page with the FileBlog plugin which reads the directory
and displays the e-mail text along with the corresponding picture.
I am still quite ashamed of the code so I'll be cleaning that up and
adding some functionality before I share it. At that point, I'm looking
forward to the good people of phpwiki-talk telling me how the code should
really work. ;-)
Thanks for all your hard work on PhpWiki and helpful responses on the list.