On 02/03/11 08:17, donn wrote:
> On 01/03/2011 19:00, heathenx wrote:
>> I was thinking something along the lines of command line parameters,
> You read my mind, was thinking this as I went to sleep last night.
> Sadly, it seems you are right, the PDF export from the cli is broken.
> (My version is 0.47)
> I tried:
> inkscape -A test.pdf -i "logo001" multipdftest.svg
> In the svg file I have two *groups* of id 'logo001' and 'logo002'. Each
> has a simple shape in it. No text.
> Noticed some things:
> 1. When there are any clones inside the group -- test.pdf is blank
> 2. When you remove all clones, the test.pdf shows, but is not placed
> fully on the page.
> This is very sad, I wonder if there is a bug report for this somewhere.
> Anyway, I have to move-along. I will be trying some of the other
> suggestions today, but I suspect I will be delivering a single
> looooong-scrolling pdf at end of the day.
> Thx Heathenx,
You could try hiding all the elements you don't want on one page and
then export to pdf without selecting an id. This method seemed to work
ok for me, when I used it for the JessyInk export. The export script
works on layers, but since they are really just groups, you should be
able to quite easily modify it for your needs.