--- Comment #38 from brice rebsamen <brice.brice@...> 2010-06-23 09:50:05 ---
By loading the CPU I mean running a program that is computationally intensive
(a python program that does large random matrix inversions).
Here is how I reproduce the bug:
- make sure the CPU is cool (the computer has been turned off for at least 30
- boot with a problematic kernel (see above) with acpi.power_nocheck option
turned on (see above)
- run the python script to stress the CPU.
- temperature reach 90C, fan does not start...
- kill the python script (Ctrl-C)
- temperature goes down slowly. At about 70C the fan suddenly starts, thus
quickly cooling down the CPU to 50C. from now on, the fan works properly.
- suspend to RAM and resume
- the fan starts, thus quickly cooling down the CPU to 50C. from now on, the
fan works properly
Weird, isn't it?
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.