Last night I did some testing with a large mosaic (30k x 30k pixels,
mostly empty). These are some bugs I discovered:
1. PTcrop tries to read the entire image at once. I got a segfault
from inside libtiff. It needs to be rewritten to read only one line
at a time. Its algorithm uses a single pass over the file, so this
should be simple.
2. PTcrop needs to be able to crop images as a "set" (that is, compute
the bounding rectangle of a group of images) not only as a single
one. This will make lots of panoramas (where the 0,0 point is not
in the center) significantly smaller.
3. PTroller runs _extremely_ slow. I need to find out why.
4. PTtiff2psd is unable to create PSDs beyond certain size (I suspect
this is a limitation of the format). We need to find this
limitation and output an error message informing the
user. Otherwise a PSD is created that is "corrupted"
5. PTremap has a double free somewhere at the end of its processing.
daniel M. German "To live is to dream.
To die is to awaken,
Santana -> Please don't wake me up."
dmg (at) uvic (dot) ca
replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .