On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 05:13:22PM -0700, Martin Fuhrer wrote:
> Tux Paint might still compile with the OS X 10.2.8 SDK with gcc 3.1
> (that's the combo I used with Tux Paint 0.9.14). Currently I don't
> have gcc 3.1 on my system, but I can reinstall it and try another
> compile if there is still demand for Tux Paint on OS X 10.2.8.
Well, I wouldn't call one school a "huge demand", but I think it's
worth the trouble. (Esp. for the karma points we'd get for fixing the
problem relatively quickly ;^) )
> On a related note, with Intel Macs coming out soon, I'll eventually
> have to look at preparing a universal binary (runs natively on both
> PPC and Intel Macs). Of course, this will have to wait till the SDL
> libraries are released with universal binary support. At that point,
> Tux Paint support will definitely have to move to OS X 10.3.9 and
> later, as universal binaries won't run on any earlier system (they
> need to be compiled with gcc 4).
Would it be unreasonable for us (you, me, whoever) to create two versions?
One for OS X 10.2.8 thru 10.4.? for older Macs, and one for 10.4.? and up,
Honestly, I'm also still interested in an OS 9 version of Tux Paint
(should be possible! SDL works there! we might need to disable some
features, though). Again, since there are still schools (and no doubt homes)
out there using the thing.
Under Windows, we seem to support Win98 (if not Win95) and up.
(Just no Win3.1 or MSDOS, that I know of... :^) )
For Linux, we support RPMs as far back as Red Hat 6.2, and previously
we backported to Debian Stable.
The more users we can support, the merrier they'll be! ;)