On Tuesday 05 April 2005 17:03, Daniele Zulli wrote:
> I've just installed Kde 3.4 on a Suse 9.2, using the rpms for this
> distro, overwriting a pre-existing, fine-working, Kde 3.3.2 (with Kile
> 1.7.1 compiled from source, fine working too).
> Now, in the 3.4 environment, the forward search with Kile doesn't work,
> while the back search does. In particular, I am kicked off always in the
> first page of the dvi. Nothing changes using the embedded viewer or
> KDVI. Also, in the embedded viewer, the menu Settings->DVIoptions does
> not appear. Where is the problem?
This is a KDVI bug, the KDVI authors have been notified of the problem.
> Sometimes, moreover, Kile seems to forget which is the main file in a
> project. It happens when I close Kile without closing the project. When
> I restart to work and I open Kile, _sometimes_ the main file is not
> found by Kile. So, in this case, I have to re-click on the
> MasterDocument icon after switching on the main file. Looking at the
> *.kilepr file, the masterDocument voice is always fine written. This
> occurs both in Kde 3.4 and Kde 3.3.2 (and, I think, also in the previous
> versions of Kde). It's not a big problem, but quite strange...
You don't have to use a MasterDocument settings if you are using a project,
Kile will figure it out automatically. Only if Kile does not detect the
masterdocument should you use a manually set MasterDocument.
I have tried to reproduce the bug and found the following: Kile only remembers
the setting the first time after you manually selected the MasterDocument.
The second time the setting is lost. I will try to fix this.
Kile - KDE Integrated LaTeX Editor