I want to inform I've fixed the lockup problem that newbies often had
when trying to run X on their coLinux VMs. I've disabled /dev/kmem,
/dev/mem, /dev/ports, sys_ioperm and sys_iopl.
It should also take care of the problem where hwclock was able to
change the time of the host machine.
hwclock is unable to get I/O port access: the iopl(3) call failed.
One step closer to full stability.
On other news, I changed some semantics concerning the colinux-daemon
that you will notice (or not notice, depends on what you do) with the
* Running with no parameters - help screen. You have to specify '-c'
if you want to run the VM.
* The daemon doesn't implicitly try to install or remove linux.sys
anymore, it's now the responsibility of the installer script.
The state of the driver's service is too serious to play around
with. This should makes things much simpler.
If you experimentally switch between several versions of coLinux
that are laying around, make sure you properly run the daemon with
--remove-driver and --install-driver between the runs.
In case you have still managed to run incompatible versions of
colinux-daemon and linux.sys, coLinux has an API version number
which should alert by preventing this.