ed2k-gtk-gui v0.6.1 has been released. It should work fine with core v51.2.
Get it from:
There are not many changes at the surface, but the code has been restructured
quite a bit under the hub. The main reason for this release was the new core,
and more precisely the fact that the new core takes different command line
arguments then before to make it listen to a GUI controller ('-g' and '-l'
now, as opposed to '-' and '!' for core versions up to 0.50.1).
* the GUI might sometimes freeze for up to a couple of minutes after you
select 'shutdown core' from the logo pop-up menu, or alternatively it might
not pop up the Connect dialog as it should (in which case you have to select
'disconnect from core' yourself).
* download view columns that have been hidden might show up again when
restarting the GUI.
* (a follow-up release that fixes these issues is planned for the
On the plus side, we have a wider variety of packages this time, including
some that have systray icon support enabled by default. Also, this version
should work fine on *BSD again.
Major changes and new features:
* Supports core v51.2 (spawning core and detecting running core)
* New download view code (less CPU intensive)
* Better 'time left' estimation (based on speed averages)
* Double-clicking on systray icon shows/hides GUI now
* New GuiCoreConnection code (fixes a problem with status updates,
and generally makes the code a lot more modular).
* Translation updates: Italian, German, Dutch, Spanish, Polish
(ernieball, cknoerle, joostc, ricesvinto, utak3r)
* GUI tries to set the file descriptor limit to the highest
value allowed just before spawning the core.
* Documentation (handbook) updates
* Works around broken KDE system tray panel bug where the GUI tray
icon would just disappear under certain circumstances.
* --disable-systray switch for configure (is disabled automatically
on MacOSX and on systems with old Gtk versions now)
* Fallback routine for detecting a running core that does not use
the proc file system, but parses 'ps' output (should work on
FreeBSD and other systems).
* Fixes pipe problem on *BSD (GUI should work there again now).
* when using a remote core, the GUI will be able to preview downloads
if the temp directory is mounted on the computer where the GUI runs
(the ~/.ed2k_gui/options file needs to be edited directly to enable
this - see the last two options there).
* Compiles under mingw32 (does not work yet on win32 though
due to some weird gnet issues on win32)
* Various miscellaneous fixes and minor improvements