On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 02:49:37PM -0300, Nicol=C3=A1s de la Torre wrote:
> Now a question. How can i translate the messages of Edit ,Archive ,etc.
> And with C programs like ROX-Session?
> Should i use gettext? Any howto or other documentation for the beginner=
There are some instructions here (for programmers mainly):
I've just added support to Edit, but it will take a while to make it into
the CVS snapshots (couple of days), and I haven't marked up the strings.
The full set of steps to translate a program that doesn't yet support
1. In the AppRun file, add this just after 'import rox':
__builtins__._ =3D rox.i18n.translation(os.path.join(rox.app_dir, 'Messag=
(you might need to 'import os' first, too)
2. Mark any strings that should be translated with _():
Be sure not to mark anything else, or the program may not work
3. Run 'pygettext *.py' to create messages.pot.
4. Create a 'Messages' subdirectory. Copy messages.pot as Messages/<lang>=
5. Copy 'dist' and 'update-po' from ROX-Lib to there. Edit update-po to
use .. instead of ../python/rox to find the source files.
6. Run './dist' to generate the .gmo files.
Thomas Leonard http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk tal197 at users.sourceforge.net
GPG: 9242 9807 C985 3C07 44A6 8B9A AE07 8280 59A5 3CC1