>>> "Regina & Jens Rock" <jens.rock@...> seems to think that:
>I recently updated to semantic 1.4.4 and
>still could not lookup of function or
>type definitions with
>I could break it down to
>returning nil regardless if any database
>is loaded or not.
>The reason seems to be that I have set
>the project's root directory to the FILE
>slot of the databases instead of the
>REFERENCE-DIRECTORY slot. Since the file
>slot refers to the default save directory,
>the databases are not recognized correctly.
>When line 563 of semanticdb.el is changed from
>(if (string-match regexp (oref (car adb) file))
>(if (string-match regexp (oref (car adb) reference-directory))
>it works well for me.
[ ... ]
Thanks for investigating and discovering the solution. I did a quick
scan for other references to the file slot, and didn't find any, so
hopefully this is the only occurrence of this problem.
I will check it into the CVS version of semantic after running with it
for a little bit. (Strangely, the line you quoted is 365 instead of
563 in semantic 2.0's version of that file.)
Eric Ludlam: zappo@..., eric@...
Home: http://www.ludlam.net Siege: http://www.siege-engine.com
Emacs: http://cedet.sourceforge.net GNU: http://www.gnu.org