excuse me for taking your time.
But I have some question and I am offering
RS485 based multi-master protocol.
I first introduce myself:
- I am teaching at Czech Technical University in Prague
- I develop for PiKRON Ltd.
- we use many 51 based boards in some of our instruments
- we developed some more powerful systems as well
this board can run uClinux for example or control
- I have cooperated on BDM debugging for 68376
- we have designed uLan communication network for our instruments
PC side is GNU and some info can be found at
- we provide bigger applications under GNU as well
- it works with ISA and PCI cards and we are preparing 51 based USB
converter now (code for it will be open)
- I would like to open 51 uLan side to more broad community
I was able to convert core code from macro assembler into
SDCC asx8051 syntax, ugh, I need to couple code with C.
It has been already tested with Keil, but parameters passing is terrible.
What I am dreaming about is possibility to write something like next
inline int uLan_write(char *buf, int len)
unsigned char ll=len, lh=len>>8;
:"0"(ll) ,"1"(lh),"dptr"(buf) :"memory","r6","r7"
What do you thing about that?
Do you think, that it could be possible with SDCC in future?
Please send copy of reply to my address as well because
I am not regular user of SDCC but I like it for students
to learn microcontrollers systems. I do not wish them
to end with 10MB of 8051 sources as I have ended.