[ Forwarded from Derek Noonburg (derekn@...) ]
Glyph & Cog, LLC is pleased to announce a new version of Xpdf, the
open source Portable Document Format (PDF) viewer for X. The Xpdf
project also includes a PDF text extractor, PDF-to-PostScript
converter, and various other utilities.
Xpdf runs under the X Window System on Unix, VMS, and OS/2. The non-X
components (pdftops, pdftotext, etc.) also run on Win32 systems and
should run on pretty much any system with a decent C++ compiler.
* Glyph & Cog, LLC formed to handle all commercial licensing of Xpdf.
* Optimized the 1-bit image code and the incremental display update
* Implemented 16-bit font embedding for PostScript output.
* Implemented Type 3 fonts (viewer and PostScript conversion).
* Added a simple reverse video mode (-rv switch, xpdf.reverseVideo
* Many minor enhancements and bug fixes.
See the `CHANGES' file for a complete list.
Source (C++ and C) is available, and it should be fairly easy to
compile for UNIX, VMS, OS/2, and Win32.
More information, source code, and precompiled binaries are on the
xpdf web page and ftp site:
For information on commercial licensing and consulting, please see the
Glyph & Cog web site: