(Actually, the kernel drm module that came with the kernel works, I didn't
need to compile it separately.)
I followed all the instructions for DRI installation, and ran into trouble,
on the client side.
libGL error: dlopen failed: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/tdfx_dri.so:
I grabbed my copy of libglide3.so from the resources page.
(along with the headers.)
Using strace, I noticed that glxinfo was attempting to open
"libglide3.so.3", rather than libglide3.so.
So, I did:
mv libglide3.so libglide3.so.3
ln -s libglide3.so.3 libglide3.so
And poof, I was flying!
So, perhaps the resources page could be updated with this information.