On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 05:01:35PM -0500, Martin Atzmueller wrote:
> some bugs were reported on cmucl-imp. I've had a look at two of them,
> are present in SBCL-0.6.7, too.
> Attached is a patch, that fixes them.
> Actually I did not recompile them, so, for example package sb-vm should
> be changed to sb!vm finally. Take care with that.
Thank you, this is now on my to-do list for the next release. (I have
some general housekeeping stuff, like implementing automatic
regression tests and putting the system under anonymous CVS, that I
plan to do before I do much patching.)
> Finally, for the second patch Rob M. Lachlan hinted that it might not be
> a good idea to have lisp-symbols in deftranforms.
> Should this be changed to use gensyms.
I didn't read the message carefully, or think about it carefully,
but I got the impression that the problem was that the symbol (i.e.
'STRING) was exported from a package which the user had access to.
I.e. just using an ordinary private symbol, e.g. SB-C::STR, would
solve the problem, and it wouldn't be necessary to go through all
the messiness of making everything a gensym.
William Harold Newman <william.newman@...>
PGP key fingerprint 85 CE 1C BA 79 8D 51 8C B9 25 FB EE E0 C3 E5 7C