Today the Translate team released version 0.7.0 of Virtaal. Virtaal is
an advanced program with features to help translators increase
translation quality and have fun.
This is a major new release with lots of new features and improvements.
Please forward this to people who might be interested. This is really a
big step forward compared to previous versions, and we'd love to hear of
people's impressions of the new version.
- Real time quality checks. Yes! It updates while you type!
- Spell checking on Windows.
- Export .po files to .mo
- Statistics and file properties.
- New workflow state handling. Use Ctrl+Enter / Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
- Navigate by quality checks like in Pootle.
- Project type detection to customise the quality checks.
- Navigate by workflow state (all translated, all untranslated, etc.)
- Spell checking is now a plugin and can therefore be disabled.
- Show previous msgid as a TM suggestion.
- You can now specify the UI language in virtaal.ini.
- Much faster startup time.
- Faster handling of placeables. We support bigger term lists now.
- Reduced memory use.
- A better full-screen view.
- Native file dialogues for Windows users.
- Native file dialogues for KDE users.
- Suggestions from machine translation is now more distinct.
- Improved accessibility.
- Cleaner diffs in TM matches.
- Some RTL fixes, including a nice Arabic logo.
- Open-Tran.eu works again.
- Non-ASCII file names and paths should work again.
- No state information (fuzzy) when the format doesn't support it.
and several bugs relating to display and undo.
Of course this release also saw updated translations in more than 35
languages. Thank you to the many volunteers. Please continue to review
and update translations where necessary.
Users of the new Windows version will also benefit from all the
improvements made to the Translate Toolkit since Virtaal 0.6.1 (such as
always using UNIX line endings for PO, and improved state support).
The user manual is an excellent way to learn how Virtaal can help you:
Full feature list
(Linux users need Translate Toolkit 1.9)
The Translate Team