We are happy to announce that we have tagged, and are releasing our
first beta version of BUGS 2, codenamed "Elyndir". This release focuses
on showing you the stuff that has happened with BUGS since we started,
and should give you a good impression of where we are headed.
We've polished and made the following modules installable in this
* Mail notification
(The "Publish", "SVN integration" and "Calendar" modules are not
finished and will be released together with an upcoming beta version at
a later stage.)
What else is in this beta release?
* B2DB - our new database framework, which will make BUGS 2 database
engine independant. Currently supports MySQL.
* BUGS 2, feature complete with module support.
* Search, messaging and email functionality greatly enhanced since BUGS
* Group, team and user permissions, allowing for full detail access
* Integrated online help system
Please download and help us test this beta release. Downloads are
available from our sourceforge.net website, as well as
There *will* be, and *are* several open issues with this release, but we
think we've reached a point where it is mature enough to release a beta
Download, extract to a folder under your web server directory, and
access it through a web browser.
Daniel Andre Eikeland
Project Manager, zegenie Studios