Quoting St=E9phane Charette <stephanecharette@...>:
> So ask him to take his existing 1400 string translation and update to
> the new 3095 strings?
> If people think this is a good idea, please let me know. I've never
> done translations before, so I don't know how long it takes, nor the
> possible benefits we get from holding up the 2.2.9 release. My
> uneducated guess is this is asking for too much too close to the
> BTW, what finally shocked me into doing 2.2.9 ASAP rather than wait
> was that in 6 days from now, Ubuntu 7.10 gets released.
> (http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/countdown) And anyone that upgrades
> to 7.10 will find they can no longer get to their genealogy data
> because GRAMPS will seg fault on startup -- the infamous gtkspell bug.
> (If it wasn't already obvious, I run Ubuntu.)
> Can I get another developer to weigh in on the topic? Just so I know
> if I'm at least in the ballpark?
Personally, I would not distribute languages with are below 60 or 75%
I think it bad marketing if people see GRAMPS so partially translated.
mail the translators of those packages, that their language will no longer =
distributed and change the configure.in likewise.
About the Ubuntu bug, Ubuntu has their own patched version of 2.2.8, it
to be hoped that on a dist-upgrade, the version number of 2.2.8 package is
higher than our 2.2.8 package version, so that the new version is
Note that you cannot just announce 2.2.9, you need to release a
release-candidate first, and do a call for testing. Some of the changes
be tested more, proof being the bug in a bug-fix I found. Getting a release
version out, and releasing one week later is the way to sleep a bit better.
As most bugs in 2.2.9 will fall on my shoulder, I would greatly appreciate =
sufficient testing time is given for release version.
PS: you should ask Don/Alex what version you should give the release
I think the GRAMPS 2.2.9-0.SVN9157M is ok, you then call the real version
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.