I've had trouble with my mount points so at one point I opened a .gramps
at a different path. That seemed to go fine, although I think it took a
while, can't really remember.
Clearly something was wrong because when I went to resave the .gramps
file as .grdb it took a very long time. My files look like this (owned
by plugdev on vfat):
The backup before my last edit:
-rwxrwx--- 1 root plugdev 312892 2007-07-01 13:47
The current (manual) backup:
-rwxrwx--- 1 root plugdev 849932 2007-07-09 08:31
The current database:
-rwxrwx--- 1 root plugdev 84115456 2007-07-09 08:32
(clearly it isn't freshened up at that size!)
I'm keeping these files someone can see if there's a bug that needs
attention in there. I'll just go back to the pre-last edit backup and go
forward from there.
(and he did)
There is still some bloat happening. When I've opened the pre-edit .gramps file it opens fine, not unusually slow. When I try to save it as .grdb that also goes fine. But the file which was a 305kb .gramps is now an 18.4MB .grdb. The database before that, which should have exactly the same content, is only 8mb.
PS. Just for the record it takes about 6 minutes to open an 80mb GRAMPS database on my 1.3GHz dualcore.