Clean up style deprecations introduced during migration to GeoAPI
Issue Type: Improvement
Components: core styling
Reporter: Jody Garnett
Assignee: Jody Garnett
Fix For: 2.5.5, 2.6-M2
A previous withdrawn proposal, Upgrading styles with GeoAPI Interfaces, introduced GeoAPI interfaces for Symbology Encoding into the GeoTools. This work was incomplete leaving us with many deprecated methods; and no alternative workaround.
This "proposal" (more case of technical dept) will clean up the style interfaces by:
- Introduce read-write GeoTools interfaces for any new Symbology Encoding constructs
- Restoring setters methods; the only deprecations will remain those where a clear alternative is available (example setTitle is now getDescription().setTitle )
- TypeNarrow getters to be explicit about the GeoTools interface returned for any aggregations. Example: getDescription() will return the geotools Description interface
- Completing the StyleFactoryImpl2 implementation; this is an implementation of geoapi style factory where the created results are type-narrowed to explicitly be the GeoTools interfaces
- Updating StyleFactoryImpl to delegate to StyleFactoryImpl2 for the new "create" methods
While the GeoAPI interfaces will be left in the mix as super classes (providing a read-only interface) the GeoTools codebase will continue to make use of the GeoTools interfaces which will offer a read-write extension. This arrangement allows us to use the excellent work that went into producing Symbology Encoding 1.1 interfaces while preserving our current work flow.
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira