On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 17:10 +0100, Dan Borgonon wrote:
> Could you please tell me if it's possible to connect a DV Camera to a pc/mac
> via firewire or USB and record audio through the camera into audacity?
As Christian said, this basically isn't possible - the audio is
multiplexed with the video, so although it would be theoretically
possible, no-one has ever written the required drivers.
> Also, I am having a look on the net now, but would you be able to recommend
> any good USB microphones?
I would recommend a stand-alone microphone (plugged into a separate USB
audio device if necessary), for many reasons including:
* you can replace either half independently in case of fault
* the microphone will probably be better
* you can go stereo just by adding another mic, rather than starting
* The recording device can be used for other sources
* Getting built-in sound to work is usually easier than getting USB
devices to work, and makes monitoring much easier as input and output
are on the same device not different ones.