On Feb 5, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Sun February 5 2006 2:53 pm, Vadim Kurland =E2=9C=8D wrote:
>> btw, we've changed the way we generate unique object IDs in v2.1 to
>> guarantee they are unique.
> Vadim: Since you mention it, any estimate on when an rc of 2.1 =20
> might be
We are almost done with porting of the discovery druid; new actions =20
"Tag" and "Pipe" have been implemented for iptables and pf, however =20
support for the service object "Tag" has not been done yet. New =20
object types "Address Table" and "Domain name" are done. Merging of =20
the interface and global policies is done and support for routing has =20=
been merged into the main code trunk (only for Linux though)
Still needs to be done:
- I want to add new action "Custom" but havent even started on that =20=
- support for service object "tag"
- support for "rule options" in NAT rules
- optimizations in iptables that became possible after merging =20
interface and global policy rules
- support for daytime and physdev modules in iptables
- support for bunch of new proxies in ipfilter
- some improvements in pf, such as support for multiple addresses =20
and subnets in TSrc in NAT rules
- number of fixes and improvements in the GUI, such as new find =20
function, ability to install on multiple firewalls etc.
we still need a couple of months before the first public beta. We may =20=
release it before all the changes in the GUI are done, but I =20
definitely want to complete all major changes in the API and =20
compilers for the beta.