On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 12:36, David London wrote:
> Either I have discovered an obscure fatal error involving
> callMethodOfServlet or I am using WebKit incorrectly.
Looks like you've discovered a bug.
> Firstly, I will apologize if this post is too large, but it seemed
> better to include the example code instead of trying to explain
> everything and THEN sending out the code.
Well, thanks for providing a nice test case. It was easy to get up and
> Hopefully someone will be able to figure out what is going wrong
> since I'm stumped.
I didn't actually figure out why the error happens, but here's what I did.
I ran your test case against Webware 0.8.x and it failed like you say.
Then I tried it against Webware CVS, and it worked just fine. I took a quick
look, and there are significant changes in WebKit/ServletFactory.py, which is
most likely where the problem lies. I tried copying ServletFactory.py from CVS
into my 0.8.1 tree -- and it failed with an error because there was a missing
method in Servlet.py. I added the missing method:
def setFactory(self, factory):
self._factory = factory
to the bottom of Servlet.py, and then it worked.
In summary, I'd recommend either using Webware from CVS, or copying over
ServletFactory like I did (although that may have other side effects --
but it seemed to work fine with all of your tests).
Jason D. Hildebrand