It's been nearly one year since the last stable release !
* We have improved the accuracy of the simulation in many ways,
notably in the cpu, fpu, and vga areas.
* 3DNow! and PNI instructions are now supported, and Bochs
includes a new disassembler that supports all IA-32 instruction sets.
* On the I/O devices side, Bochs now provides experimental PCI VGA
and USB cards, 16550A uarts and gameport emulation.
* New types of disk image can be used as harddisks : stackable,
commitable or growing. Bochs can also use VMWare 3 cow disk images.
* Sdl, x11, win32 and wxwindows display libraries now support 15, 16,
24 and 32 bpp color depth, and the x11 vga font is not needed any more.
Of course, this is only a brief summary of the changes. You can see
the complete ChangeLog at :
Source code and binaries for linux (i386 rpm) and windows are available
in the file section of our project on Source Forge. A MacOS/X binary
will be added in the next few days.
Note that some configuration file options are now deprecated :
you will get a warning if you use them. Please update these
options to the new syntax, as they're likely to be removed
in future releases.
Many thanks to all people who contributed time, ideas, code, patches,
documentation, bug reports to make this release happen.
Bochs web site : http://bochs.sourceforge.net