Some of my Radeon experiences,
First some bench results
Gears ~ 943 Fps,
In game performance feels faster than G400Max on both q3a & wolfsp.
But certainly NOT 2x the performance one would expect, I estimate 1x -
Q3a shows weird Checkerboard artefacts on ;
- double layered textures (ONLY when using Lightmap lightening)
- the sky has same artefacts (Only when high quality sky is enabled)
- using 16Bit color for either textures or global.
2D X driver trouble;
- with hardware cursor four | - shaped thingies show up righthandside of
- running in 16bpp mode (Same kind of garbled checkerboard experience as
in 3d, this time all over the screen)
It performs rather stable in terms of system hangs/X crashes, only
wolfenstein would crash now and then at map load.
2.4.18 + trunk cvs (23-05-2002) ontop of 4.2.0
Celeron @ 1050Mhz
OEM Club3d Radeon 7500, *NOT* retail Ati.