The next round of changes has been checked into CVS. These changes
include (this last one is the biggie):
1. Support for "CAUSE". Events how have a cause field. This is typically
used for "Cause of death". GEDCOM imports the tag properly now. GEDCOM
export will properly export the field.
2. The GEDCOM "NCHI" entry (number of children) is now handled, and is
added as an attribute to a family/marriage/relationship. GEDCOM import
handles this properly, GEDCOM export does not yet.
3. GEDCOM import is now about 3 times faster than before.
4. Multiple sources per item are now supported. Previous versions
supported only a single source per item. GEDCOM import and export should
handle this properly.
5. Birth and Death information on the first tab of the Edit Person
dialog is now read-only. Click the "Edit" button to edit the
information. This allows you to edit *all* the information associated
with a birth or death event. Previous versions only allowed you to edit
the date and place.
GPG/PGP Public Key at