IPCop v1.4.8 was release with some changes since the test version dated
As usual, this version can be installed as an update from previous v1.4.x
versions or with a ready-to-go ISO for a fresh install.
Install both 1.4.7/1.4.8 updates and reboot to use the new kernel.
Update is split in 2 parts like 1.4.3/1.4.4 to solve some space issues with
disk less than 800 MB.
Update was tested to work on flash disk (this was not the case in
MD5: 93538c45825c0fb5bbcb644f80f8907d fcdsl-1.4.8.tgz
MD5: 789d92f23f7def21d0eb4e660d7c49f8 ipcop-1.4.8.iso
MD5: 2916d4667663b9d37880b2bf21e2da44 sources-ipcop-1.4.8.tgz
MD5: e26b8a1921e33e5114fc2367d5d0fd45 update-1.4.7.tgz.gpg
MD5: 05930394026f2aa7c36bf652840293f6 update-1.4.8.tgz.gpg
You need to use kernel-2.4.29 to install this update
Previous kernel 2.4.27 will be removed to free space for new kernel 2.4.31
Because of this kernel removal (for those who installed before 1.4.4), it is
difficult to say exactly how much free space is necessary (it depend if
is present). It should no more be a problem, if you don't have added hudge
files on a
small disk. As a shortcut,I would say you need 10 MB free on /root before
installation if 2.4.27 is present and 25 MB if not.
If you have less than 30 MB free on /root, you will need 25 Mb free on
After 1.4.7 update installation, the update page is changed to display space
If you run from a flash disk, the kernel running during the update can only
2.4.29 (and not smp). There is not enought free space available on standard
/boot made by makeflash to support 2 smp kernel. This is changed for futur
makeflash installation with a standard 8MB size like with real disk.
After the update with flash, you can start whatever kernel 2.4.31 you want
2.4.29-smp can't be started.
The changes made since the test version dated 2005/08/18 are :
- setup :fix hostname update missing the domain name
- httpscert script was added.
The script allow to read the https certificate issuer with
With /usr/local/bin/httpscert new, a new certificate is made using the
long hostname. This was made to fix the warning message in the GUI because
hostname did not match certificate name.
You are warned if there is a difference between certificate and hostname
It may not have been sufficiently stated but v1.2 and v1.3 are no more
maintained and contain some vulnerabilies. Please consider to upgrade as
soon as you can. If there is a problem to install v1.4, work with us to
those issues. Fill a bug report on sourceforge or send a message on the
For those who use unofficial add-ons, there is some progress made to less
disturb add-ons but it will be only noticable after add-ons use the new
addon-lang directory to preserve their changed texts.
Abstract of previous changes since v1.4.6
- Fix ata_piix SATA support by adding EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL capability at
- Fix pcmcia installation and netcard detection with floppy boot.
- On floppy boot install, shift search of scscidrv-<version>.img to
images/scscidrv-<version>.img to allow usage of mounted loop iso. With
files, place it in an images directory.
Changes in update
- Fix etc/modules.conf is more recent than ...modules.dep
- Fix support with smp new kernel and scsi driver
- Complete the menu options for the old kernel like for the most recent
- Workaround for flash disk with limited /boot size. Previous smp files are
suppressed on /boot
Set mkflash to use 8 MB /boot size to support old smp kernel
- Fix '/ is busy' with scsi disk once after new kernel installation
- Create an addon-lang directory to allow add-ons to retrieve specific lang
phrases after update
- To untar the update, try to use /var/log partition to avoid space problem
/root. If it fail, use /root partition.
- arping from 2.03 to 2.05
- bzip2 from 1.02 to 1.0.3 plus patch against CAN-2005-1260
- Compress-Zlib from 1.3.4 to 1.35
- dhcpcd-1.3.22-pl4_corrupt-packet.patch CAN-2005-1896
- eagle-usb from 2.1.1 to 2.3.2
- eciadsl from 0.10 to 0.11beta1
- gnupg from 1.2.5 to 1.4.2
- logwatch from 5.2.1 to 6.1.2
- openswan-1.0.10rc2 (support restart option)
- pcmcia-cs from 3.2.7 to 3.2.8
- procps from 3.2.1 to 3.2.5
- pulsardsl from 4.018 to 4.0.19
- squid from STABLE9 to 2.5.STABLE10
- tcpdump patch against CAN-2005-1267
- zlib-1.2.3 CAN-2005-2096
This is helpfull for those who want to let IPCop sleep when not used.
ethtool is used to configure the network card
/usr/sbin/ethtool -s eth0 wol g This could be added in rc.local.
You could wake up the IPCop machine by sending the magic-packet to the MAC
address. This could only work with some limit on IPCop side :
- you can't use dhcp on green since the PC sending the magic-packet
has an IP
- you can't have an orange interface
- iptstate command line utility RFE 1167726
- libwww-perl for HTTP downloads from CGIs
This should resolve the issues some users are having with IDS rule
Also should fix the inability to download update lists when an upstream
requires user/pass (bug 1205470)
- SSLeay support to Perl (for https)
- vlan.1.8 and corresponding kernel module
- Add option to choose number of lines per page of log (viewsize)
- Allows bootp protocol (per interface) into DHCP server and corrects
of unlimited lease.
- Modify regexp to allow options with digits in advoptions-list to be
- Permits entering duplicate IP in fixed lease. close bug 1197940
- Fix rfe1093108: updates to dyndns service are done only if gethostbyname
returns different address.
- An optional cron call once/month force updates (-f -m options) to avoid
loosing account on particular stable lines. This has to be enabled in GUI.
- Add dtDns support (rfe 1202972)
- Add new provider dynserv.ca (org|net|com)
- fixe bug 1118124 :Change maximum on traffic graph RRDs to support 100 MBit
- Add a 'no' update option to not trigger a warning on save when no oinkcode
- Use libwww-perl for HTTP downloads from CGIs, this should resolve the
users are having with IDS rule updates. Also should fix the inability to
download update lists when an upstream proxy requires user/pass (bug
- Added some 'seed' to certs generation with '-rand option'. Each cert is
- Fix a stack based buffer overflow in ipsecctrl (blue interface)
- change maximum on traffic graph RRDs to support 100 MBit links,
fixes bug 1118124
new optionfw.cgi option page add options in the GUI to :
- disable ping
- dropt a optional list of ports to reduce logs on RED
- If "rc.red start" fails, no dnsmasq server is running. So start it even if
it will be killed some lines later in normal operation!
- fix domainname missing in hostname after hostname change
- change SNAT behaviour for port forwards to only apply when required
it also expands the SNAT to work for orange to orange connections
(before it only applied to blue and green)
- modify page to list DHCP leases on Blue Network. RFE 1048379. Includes