I ordered an IR transmitter and an IR receiver from irblaster.info.
I'm not able to get the either device to work. I'm running Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 4. Here's my install process.
Configured default values for ttyS0
Driver Configuration(driver:serial io:0x3f8 irq:4)
X With transmitter diode
X Software generated carrier
Software Configuration - Compile tools for X-Windows
added the following to /etc/modprobe.conf
install lirc_serial /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none ;
/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install lirc_serial
alias char-major-61 lirc_serial
options lirc_serial irq=3D4 io=3D0x3f8=20
copied config file to /etc/lircd.conf
Here's a look at my devices
[root@... lirc-0.8.0]# ls -l /dev/lir*
crw------- 1 root root 61, 0 Dec 21 19:19 /dev/lirc
srw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Dec 22 14:10 /dev/lircd
prw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Dec 21 18:40 /dev/lircm
snippet of /var/log/lircd
Dec 22 14:10:47 otto.tivo.com lircd: lircd(serial) ready
Dec 22 14:10:50 otto.tivo.com lircd: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
Dec 22 14:10:50 otto.tivo.com lircd: removed client
Dec 22 14:11:24 otto.tivo.com lircd: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
Dec 22 14:11:25 otto.tivo.com lircd: removed client
mode2 or irrecord never receive signals from various remotes.
After starting lircd irsend looks as if it's sending IR but the light
never lights up and the IR is never received.
I've tried this process and an RPM install on two different rhel 4
machines. I've also installed winLirc have similar symptoms. If
there's anything I've let out please let me know.