Because Alan Hourihane has choosen to stop working on the IPCop project, I
would use this announce to thank him here for the hudge work he has made
allowing us to use the V1.4.x with so much features.
I take the challenge to maintain V1.4.
IPCop will need some more help to start development of V1.5 release.
IPCop 1.4.2 is now available at
MD5: bb41a1ad17ba6a52c1e41812b85fe40e update-1.4.2.tgz.gpg
MD5: c80c0feb2b58e694312a65d89a09d386 ipcop-1.4.2.iso
MD5: b0b62d916b1f6db179da7013f83705b0 sources-ipcop-1.4.2.tgz
MD5: 487eb85cebe2048ed6c7dd2c0ed7a665 fcdsl-1.4.2.tgz
This new version, as usual can be installed as an update from previous
v1.4.x versions or with a ready-to-go ISO
for a fresh install.
On update, because some modules are updated, depmod is run after files
installation and it will take time on low machines during the.update
For frizt dsl modems, fcdsl-1.4.2.tgz could be uploaded into IPCop before
Only fcdsl2 was updated in this package.
V1.4.2 changes are only related to bug fixes.
List of problems solved in V1.4.2
- fix KA Advisory 0411291 in proxylog.dat
- fix dhcp.cgi bug in header.pl
- fix eciadsl-nortek to use correct usb alt interface in rc.red
- fix insecure dependency related to fritdsl modems in rc.red
- fix 'ends never' in dhcp lease
- fix DOMAIN_NAME to DOMAIN_NAME_GREEN in rc.updatered rc.netaddressup
- fix wireless.cgi when IP addresses in use
- fix IBOD DOV deselection in pppsetup.cgi
- fix doatmdial with STATICIP (start rc.updatered, reverse test with atmarp)
- fix dhcp.cgi : read timesettings for correct test
- fix dhcp.c from setup :add _GREEN to dhcpkv
- fix semaphore leak with eciadsl-synch on synch timeout
- fix snort log rotation not working wich could have made snort end
- fix syslog path in restartsyslogd (if syslog was not running)
- set empty DOMAIMNAME in restarthosts to prevent ctrl/Z in hosts file
- upgrade fcdsl2 firmware and module to 03.11.04 and include drdsl
- upgrade Pulsar driver to 4.018
- upgrade fcron to 2.02 (CAN-2004-1030, CAN-2004-1031, CAN-2004-1032 &
- change 256MB flash disk log size from 10 to 30MB
- add usr/bin/host for ipsec verify
- add reload capability to rc.firewall.local
Other details in doc/Changelog from the source package or in the .iso
For those who have try v1.4.2test1 update, you still need to install too
update-1.4.2.tgz.gpg as some files were missing in the test update (in
particular update of proxylog.dat). You could do that by :
- setting /etc/issue to v1.4.1 value
echo "IPCop v1.4.1 - The Bad Packets Stop Here" >/etc/issue
- setting /var/ipcop/header.pl with
$version = '1.4.1';
next you should be able to install from the web interface as a standard
Because header.pl will be updated once again in the update, installed
add-ons may disappear from menus.