Good Day All,
I have a few questions for you about things that are causing me a bit of grief:
1) Is there a plan for putting 'statfs/fstatfs' into the MinGW release ?
2) Is there a way of starting a msys/rxvt terminal that starts a program inside
it automatically? (ie: when you open the
terminal, a README file is open. Is there a way to pass a command to the
'start rxvt' command ?)
3) When I ssh to a linux box, it doesn't recognise the msys term type. My
interum solution is to 'export TERM=rxvt' before doing a ssh to a linux box.
But this isn't ideal as I don't get the nice msys properties for vim etc. Is
a way of combining the two (msys and rxvt) such that I get the best of both
4) Is there any way of configuring ssh/scp such that I don't have to fill in a
password every time I use a cvs command?
(We are running a suse9.0 linux server that is the master cvs tree, and we
have successfully configured two linux boxes
such that passwords are not needed for cvs transfers. But this only works
when I can ssh from both sides!)
5) Is there any way of stopping the 'line no, row no, page %' numbers from
appearing on every line of text in vim when I scroll down a page, and thus
overwriting the text that is actually there? (Yes <ctrl> F works to stop this,
but scrolls a page at a time and not a few lines.)
Thank you for your time and effort
ISS International Limited, Technical Division, Software Engineering