En l'instant pr=E9cis du 01/04/07 17:50, Michael Kay s'exprimait dans
toute sa noblesse:
> And if you follow the thread, I think it explains what was happening. T=
> particular release of Xerces was loading an IdentityTransformer using J=
> interfaces, and was getting the Saxon implementation of the
> IdentityTransformer; it was then assuming that this would behave identi=
> to the Xalan IdentityTransformer.=20
> This was hitting a very specific bug in Saxon's DOM implementation (whi=
> actually a virtual DOM view of an XDM tree), namely that attribute node=
> not have text node children. This was causing Xerces, on reading the DO=
> produced by Saxon, to lose the namespace declarations.
Was never been told nor saw on website this was fixed, so i went with
the workaround of using xalan by default to not fail identity
transformation. (See below for test i made today with latest version)
> This problem (as announced in the bug entry) was fixed in Subversion an=
> version of the JAR file with the patch incorporated can be downloaded f=
So i have downloaded the version you point me to, and upgraded
xercesImpl.jar of tomcat to latest available version (2.9.0).
Unfortunately, even with those versions, the shark library is still
unable to validate it's xml when saxon is involved. So i still need to
mix xalan and saxon in my webapp.
> It's really unhelpful to mutate this very obscure bug into "Saxon doesn=
> support namespaces" - especially as the bug in question has nothing to =
> with namespaces!
All i can do is expose what i know from my problem. I don't know the
specific ins and out of saxons internal and my thread in october ended
by you saying that a very specific bug related to a rarely used DOM
method that was not exposing namespace. Sorry for confusing terms of
schema, namespace and prefixes. I never intended to bring harms of any
kind to saxon. I just wanted help on having saxon and xalan at same
time. Someone asked me why i wanted this, i answered. This thread has
gone far beyond my original request.