I want to share with the list (and google) the resolution to some
strange behavior resolving servlets.
I've started using Webware again and set it up slightly differently
putting my AppWorkingDirs under the document root of my apache virtual
This worked fine, but exhibited strange behavior. In my httpd.conf I
had the following standard definition:
And my filesystem looked like:
When making a request such as: http://localhost/webware/test.py the
servlet was not found and a 404 was returned. When resolving the path,
request.urlPath() returns '/' instead of '/test.py'.
This threw me off because I could send the request
http://localhost/webware/blahblah/test.py and Application could find the
To fix this, I changed the location to point to a location *not* on the
Now requests to http://localhost/ww/test.py would contain the correct
PATH_INFO environment variable to allow Application to resolve the
Anyway, I hope this helps.