hello everyone else,
thank you for your response.
By changing "$DB_UTF8_COLLATION" back to "false" wouldn't actually do what
I'm intending to do.
Basically I'm trying to speed up my website by using the collation feature
of a MySQL database. I created a brand new database before re-importing the
GEDCOM. It is said that you can't change this value on an existing database.
As I mentioned before, everything else on my website is working properly so
the communication between Php and MySQL seems to be working good.
Hopefully someone out there can resolve this issue.
From: Mario Golfetto [mailto:mariogolf2@...]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:35 PM
To: Eric@...; All About PhpGedView
Subject: Re: [Phpgedview-talk] ERROR:-1 DB Error: unknown error
Il 22/04/2009 11.24, Eric D'Mellow ha avuto l'onore e l'ardire di scrivere:
> Hello Everybody,
Hello Eric and everybody,
This is my first post here.
I'm an italian young man and I write english a little... I'm sorry for
mistakes on my english!!
> I recently decided to reinstall PGV 4.2.1 (I had 4.2.0 working properly)
> from the very beginning. I wanted to use UTF-8 collation in order to speed
> up the database.
> Everything in the new installation seems to be working properly except for
> when I go to the individual of family listings I receive the following
> ERROR:-1 DB Error: unknown error
> SQL:SELECT SUBSTR(n_sort COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci, 1, 1) AS alpha FROM
> pgv_name, pgv_individuals WHERE n_file=1 AND i_file=n_file AND i_id=n_id
> GROUP BY 1 ORDER BY 1 [nativecode=1253 ** COLLATION 'utf8_unicode_ci' is
> valid for CHARACTER SET 'latin1']
I fix the trouble wrote by Eric some days ago, when I try to reinstall
my PhpGedView site.
I set true the variable $DB_UTF8_COLLATION on config.php.
I fix setting $DB_UTF8_COLLATION=false
I hope this will resolve yuor truoble.