Ok I just found out that I have to use the German words for certain things.
Most at the time I use the English names like "has type::string" instead of
"Datentyp::Zeichenkette" and it always worked fine.
But now it looks like some of the new words intoduced in SMW 1.5 only work
in the language of the wiki and will be ignored when I use the original
English words. Those words are "has fields::", "Record", "telephone number"
and perhaps some more which I didn't test.
I consider this a bug and inconsistency since in older versions all the
words (at least those I use) can be used in German and English as well. I
think this behavior is also very unhandy for users who can't look into the
source code to see what's the correct translation. And the greatest part of
the SMW documentation still is English and so are the words used in this
I made a bug report out of this:
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stephan Paukner [mailto:paux@...]
> Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 8:15 AM
> To: Daniel Werner
> Cc: 'semediawiki-user'
> Subject: Re: [Semediawiki-user] After update to SMW 1.5: Type "Record"
> and attribute "has fields" are unknown
> On 03/12/2010 04:50 AM, Daniel Werner wrote:
> > Also the attribute "has fields" seems to be unknown to the wiki. I
> have a
> > German wiki and there is shown no translation for this attribute
> > there is one for "has type".
> I found it in the source: "has fields" translates as "Hat Komponenten".
> __________ NOD32 4937 (20100311) Information __________
> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.