Good news, the CVS is compiling again.
Still the login process needs fixing.
1. Mysql and Xml database needs to be checked whether they work
2. A new network mesage need to be made to send characters from server
3. A new message for acknowledging login as well.
4. The code that puts the player into the world from storage needs to be
5. For that we need code to actually STORE the player somewhere... we
6. If we still want RSA and secure tcp we should fix that stuff, I have
no clue right now how it works.
Someone needs to read into it, I will after the login works with SHA1.
Biggest code work is the player storage code.
Old method the player was saved as an Object inside the Worldfile.
New method we need another way to store the player so he is gone from
The Worldfile should only store non-players, so that when they are
logged out they are gone.
Else we get into devils kitchen. (german saying :P)
- damn fast
- hard if you dont know what the attributes of the player are or how big
the character data is
- got to be completely reprogrammed for other game projects
- we can serialize directly into it
- careless, doesnt care whether its a lot of data, which format, just
put it all in
- can read it
- maybe too slow (does it matter? the player needs to wait for login...)
- lots of overhead in file
Another idea would be to store it binary format. And not XML. Maybe
slightly faster, definitely a lot less overhead...
I am thinking XML right now, and maybe later binary for size and maybe
For mysql we need to write some wrappers...