ZABBIX SIA is proud to announce the availability of ZABBIX 1.4.6.
ZABBIX is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring
solution. ZABBIX is released under the GPL, thus it is free of charge
for both commercial and non-commercial use. A complete text of the
license is available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt.
This document contains release notes for ZABBIX 1.4.6.
It is highly recommended to upgrade from earlier ZABBIX 1.4.x.
The following sections describe the release in detail and provide
late-breaking or other information that supplements its main documentation.
:: Fixes and minor improvements included into 1.4.6
* [ZBX-404] fixed update of item "Download speed for scenario '...'"
* [ZBX-389] added escaping in SQL statement in DBupdate_graph
* [ZBX-286] fixed possible server crash on some platforms
* [ZBX-167] fixed typo in triggers update function
* [ZBX-272] fixed default link to local interface in *BSD for net.if* items
* [ZBX-386] fixed possible agent crash in processing of active checks
* [ZBX-379] added error checking for accept on server side
* [ZBX-365] added support of long process names for proc.num and
proc.mem, Linux 2.6
* [ZBX-78] fixed detection of net-snmp libs
* [ZBX-362] added mass template linkage to hosts, mod by sergio.cricca
* [ZBX-361] fixed possible "division by zero" in Monitoring/Triggers screen
* [ZBX-360] fixed possible warning messages under Oracle while updating
* [ZBX-357] fixed problem with clearing error message for activated items
* [ZBX-339] fixes problem in frontend with clearing history for text items
* [ZBX-44] added timeout handler for processing net.tcp.* items
* [ZBX-356] fixed possible server crash for non *log() items with type 'log'
* [ZBX-354] added support of new parameter sec|#num for str(),regexp()
* [ZBX-351] added support of floating point values w/o zero (.12)
* [ZBX-350] fixed processing in_condition under Oracle
* [ZBX-348] fixed incorrect processing of large integer values for
* [ZBX-337] added Oracle upgrade scripts
* [ZBX-301] fixes some typos
* [ZBX-310] fixes for PGSQL
* [ZBX-336] fixed vtext.php
Installation and Upgrade Notes
See ZABBIX Manual for full details.
See ZABBIX Manual for a detailed upgrade procedure. No upgrade of
database schema required for upgrade from earlier 1.4.x.
ZABBIX Server has been tested on the following platforms:
* CentOS Linux 4.4, Intel
* CentOS Linux 5.0, Intel
* FreeBSD 6.2, Intel
* Solaris 10, Intel
* Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11, MySQL 4.x
* Ubuntu Linux, Intel, kernel 2.6.15, MySQL 5.0.22
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
* AIX 5.2
* FreeBSD 4.11, 5.4
* HP-UX 11.00
* Linux 2.6.11 (Ubuntu)
* Linux 2.6.15 (Ubuntu)
* Linux CentOS
* NetBSD 2.0
* OS/X 10.2
* Solaris 8
* Solaris 9
* Solaris 10
* Tru64 5.1B
* Windows XP
Note that agents are available pre-compiled from
http://www.zabbix.com/download.php for a limited number of versions and
ZABBIX Company provides a full range of professional services. Please
contact our sales department for pricing and more details.
* ZABBIX 1.4 Manual
* ZABBIX Forums (http://www.zabbix.com/forum)
* ZABBIX Support (http://www.zabbix.com/support.php)
ZABBIX Product Manager
Tel: +371 6 7473943
Fax: +371 6 7473944