I've just uploaded 2.11.2 beta release to Sourceforge.
This is the (first and) last 2.11.x beta release. This release is also a
"freeze" release for 2.12.0 stable release. Only non-risky bug fixes,
documentation updates and translation updates are allowed for 2.12
branch until 2.12.0 release is done.
The plan for 2.12.0 stable release is:
- 2.12 RC in 1-2 weeks (only if there are more than few patches committed)
- 2.12.0 stable release in 2-3 weeks
This is again a bit short notice for translators, but there is not much
we can do about it. It probably means (once again) that most
translators won't have time to do a full updates (if they haven't been
actively submitting updates) before stable release.
But the experience has shown that even if we wait for few weeks it
doesn't add many translation updates. It only delays the release.
The situation with translation and updating them is in many ways a bit
problematic currently. I simply don't have the time to keep everybody
informed and keep in contact with all translators. If somebody wants to
help us with translations and better organizing them it would be very