I posted this to another mailing list and thought it might be
of interest at webware discuss. Seems to be a nice example of
using Webware at least.
I have reworked my web site, http://zunzun.com, and would like
anyone interested to review it for me.
Several major and minor changes:
1. All code is memory-resident and run by a daemon, currently
running with 5 threads, from http://webware.sf.net.
Normally each time a CGI script is invoked a lot happens
on the server side, such as loading a perl or python
interpreter, libraries, scripts, etc. and initializing
same. This does not happen in my case and the site
response is lightning fast for dishing up dynamic content
that is generated on the fly. Webware even caches database
connections so these are reused rather than re-created.
2. Every web page on the site is dynamically generated thanks
to #1 above. Only the home page is static as I cannot
redirect my site host to use a cgi script for the home page.
This is a *huge* reduction in site maintenence for me!
3. I dropped frames in favor of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
Frame communication was becoming a lot of programming
overhead and using DIVs in CSS is very easy besides looking
nice. All DIVs are hidden and only show upon menu select,
which works extremely well. The site now has no frames.
4. I added user entry for initial coefficient values.
5. I ensured the Levenberg-Marquardt solver cannot infinite loop
6. I added more 2D and 3D equations and equation categories.
The next change I am now working on is to add an automatic equation
finder. This would fit your data set to all functions and show the
user a list to choose from, based on fit statistics and the model