(*) I overhauled Application.serverSidePathForRequest(). The biggest bonus
is that files named 'index.*' or 'Main.*' are automatically picked up from
directories. So for example, you can drop a Main.psp in a directory and
that will be like a web server's "index.html".
The Application setting 'DirectoryFile', which defaults to ['index',
'Main'], controls what names are looked for. Note that extensions are not
included since WebKit discovers these on its own.
I added Testing/PathTesting.text. These tests are a requirement before
checking in changes to Application.serverSidePathForRequest().
(*) Previously in Webware you accessed the admin scripts like so:
There was a special convention that URLs starting with underscores
specified servlets that resided with the app server.
I have removed the special convention and put the admin scripts in a new
subdir called Admin/. You now access them like so:
(*) Put session timeout back to 1 hour and some other misc clean up items.
I am currently working on the redirect for directory requests. e.g.,
is redirected to:
As we've discussed before, this is needed for relative links.
Rolled in with that (because it's around the same code) will be the
handling of unknown URLs. Right now you get an ugly Python exception when
Admittedly, I broke the embedded servlet feature, which wasn't jiving with
my overhaul of serverSidePathForRequest(). Also, I'm still having problems
with accessing the PSP example page despite a recent patch to fix that.