Just for the record, since nobody protested, I have re-implemented the
"methodNameForAction()" transformation for action names. By default it
is the identity, so there will be no compatibility issue.
Because of this, the current behavior is nearly compatible with
"OldStyleActions". The only difference is that the real OldStyleActions
took an additional "transaction" parameter. However, this can be adapted
very quickly, so I have removed the "OldStyleActions" setting and
everything that was connected with it. This will make the whole action
handling more clearly defined and still flexible.
I have also updated the docs, doc strings and Release Notes.