Date: Thu May 13 05:37:42 2010
New Revision: 8137
Added to the future list.
--- Webware/trunk/Docs/ReleaseProcedures.phtml (original)
+++ Webware/trunk/Docs/ReleaseProcedures.phtml Thu May 13 05:37:42 2010
@@ -192,22 +192,14 @@
[ ] Publish for download from the SourceForge files section:
- * Upload Webware-VER.tar.gz to SourceForge.
- - Note that FTP upload is not supported any more.
- - You can use the <a href="https://frs.sourceforge.net/webupload">Web upload page</a>, for example.
- * Log into <a href="http://sf.net">sf.net</a>.
- * Go to the <a href="https://sourceforge.net/projects/webware/">Webware Project Page</a> at SourceForge.
- * Select 'File Releases' from the 'Admin' tab menu.
- * Click on 'Manage Packages/Releases'.
- * Choose the 'Webware' package for releases only, and use the
- 'Webware-devel' package for betas and release candidates.
- * Proceed to completion, but don't send users notification of
- release until final test is performed and the web site is updated.
- * Make this the primary file for download with 'Edit Download Page'.
- * Hide older releases and candidates that aren't of interest any more.
- * Reference for the above: <a href="http://sf.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=6445&group_id=1">"Guide to the SourceForge FRS"</a>
+ * Go to the <a href="https://sourceforge.net/projects/webware/develop">Webware Project Develop</a> page
+ at SourceForge and log in with your developer account.
+ * Select 'File Manager' from the 'Project Admin' menu.
+ * Create a folder for the new release and upload the .tar and .zip files
+ using the web interface.
+ * Click the gear icon to set the properties. Make it the default download.
* Review the trove categorization and update if necessary:
- - Select 'Public Info' from the 'Admin' tab menu.
+ - Select 'Project settings' from the 'Project Admin' menu.
- Click 'Edit Trove Categorization'.
* Download the release from SourceForge and check that the downloaded
file is identical with the one we have tested and uploaded.
--- Webware/trunk/WebKit/Docs/Future.txt (original)
+++ Webware/trunk/WebKit/Docs/Future.txt Thu May 13 05:37:42 2010
@@ -55,8 +55,8 @@
* Think about a migration path towards Pyhon 3, check code with 2to3 tool.
-* Use distutils/setuptools instead of our own installer, use Python eggs
- instead of our own plug-in concept.
+* Use Distutils/setuptools/Distribute instead of our own installer, use
+ Python eggs and maybe namespace packages instead of our own plug-in concept.
* The installer should try building and/or installing mod_webkit and wkcgi
@@ -152,6 +152,9 @@
* User's Guide: Create a caching section to discuss the virtues of doing so
(the Color example became 12 X faster on the server side).
+* Clean up the Wiki, removing all the obsolete cruft and summarizing
+ everything that is still useful, moving it to the Sphinx documentation.
Food for thought, considerations, reviews