On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Matt Leotta wrote:
> VXL Developers,
> I'm in the process of restoring nightly builds of the Kitware hosted VXL
> documentation (book and doxygen). I've switched to the CMake based
> documentation build that Miguel implemented a while back. I really
> appreciate Miguel's effort to migrate the documentation build to CMake.
> Building the docs is so much easier now.
Glad to hear that.
> I've run into a few issues related to the "algo" libraries. Doxygen
> seems to create extra library entries for vnl_algo, vil_algo, and
> vgl_algo under core-L2. All of these are named "algo" on the index
> page. As with older builds, all the algo code is also available under
> the base library documentation. For example, the vnl package documents
> vnl, vnl/algo, vnl/io, and vnl/xio. The new "algo" package entries seem
> to contain a subset of the base library documentation (i.e. lists files
> in the algo directory but no "classes" link is generated).
> Also, I've noticed that the base libraries seem to incorrectly use the
> introduction_doxy.txt from the algo directory when one is present. For
> example see
> This error also occurs with the Brown and Manchester builds.
> Should the "doxygen_add_library" commands be removed from
> Should the v*l/algo/introduction_doxy.txt be merged into
> Can anyone suggest an alternative solution?
None of the nested dirs algo, io, xio, should have doxygen_add_library
commands. Although, the vil_algo technically is a core-L2 library, the
build system doesn't support this. So, yes it should be removed.
Note that when I created the system I tried to emulate the current
process output as much as possible, so that no flags would be raised
(i.e., v*l_algo wasn't separated in the old document build system
either). However, we can look into fine tuning it if needed.
For example, if this behavior is desired it might be feasible to
exclude the algo dirs with the FILTER line in the doxyfile.in and then
leave the doxygen_add_library instructions (with possible changes to
the command signature) in the algo libs.
I don't have time to work on this immediately, but if there is
interest I can look at it down the line. For the time being they
should be removed.