I now did the same thing with gnu ddrescue instead off dd_rescue and it worked!
Dont know what went wrong with dd_rescue. Maybe I was to stupid or dd_rescue
was. Anyway, dd_rescue is really a pain.
The only thing I had to change in the commandline of ddrescue was to add the block size
of 4096 (-b 4096). Otherwise blocks would have the default size of 512.
When trying to copy the 200 blocks I got some errors as expected. Some blocks
were not readable at all. After overwriting the 200 blocks I did a fsck which was ok. All
files still seem to be ok.
However, there is one thing I do not understand. After doing all this, Current_Pending_Sector
and Offline_Uncorrectable went to 0, as expected. But Reallocated_Sector_Ct and
Reallocated_Event_Count are also still 0. I thought the drive would have replaced the bad blocks
(5 pending and 1 offline_incorrectable) and thus would display now 6 in Reallocated_Sector_Ct.
Can anyone explain this to me?
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: "David Greaves" <david@...>
> Gesendet: 28.06.09 23:22:00
> An: Christian Franke <Christian.Franke@...>
> CC: smartmontools-support@...
> Betreff: Re: [smartmontools-support] pending sector: bad blocks howto doesnt work
> Christian Franke wrote:
> > I prefer GNU ddrescue because of its log file support. It builds OOTB on
> > most platforms.
> Me too.
> > The Debian package gddrescue is apparently no longer maintained. It is
> > still at release 1.2, the latest ddrescue release is 1.10.
> oh, thanks for mentioning that, I had no idea :)
> "Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."
GRATIS für alle WEB.DE-Nutzer: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!
Jetzt freischalten unter http://movieflat.web.de