The Skim development teams is pleased to announce that Skim 0.3 is
available for download at <http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/>.
Thanks to those of you who submitted reproducible bug reports and
comments along with the exception reports; as always, please continue
to submit bug reports at <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
For those interested in what is new and fixed, release notes follow.
Changes since 0.2
* Add shortcuts for bigger/smaller font sizes.
* Command-click a snapshot.
* We now print notes and highlights.
* Add copy/cut/paste items to the contextual menu, when they apply.
* You can now make a snapshot of a page by Command-clicking a
* Added Dutch localization.
* We now do not leave Full Screen when switching to another
* Export notes as RTF.
* Add preference options for default note/highlight colors and
text note font.
* Add menu item to save the current PDF display settings to be
used for new documents.
* Search results from the Find Panel are now also highlighted
with a red oval.
* Select search field when opening the Contents pane in full
* You can now reset all preferences or all preferences in a pane.
* Added Italian localization. (Thanks Andrea Bergia!)
* Screensaver and sleep are now disabled in Presentation mode.
* Skim can now return to the last page viewed in a document.
* Link tool tips now show the top of the text when the link
refers to the (empty) top of a page.
* Skim can now also view separate Skim notes (.skim) files.
* Using Sparkle for automatic updating. (Thanks Andy Matuschak!)
* Display the number of pages in the title bar.
* Skim can now automatically backup a skim notes file whenever
it saves a PDF file.
* You can now resize the current note using the arrow keys, when
you hold down the Control key.
* Notes are now ordered according to page and location in page.
* Several improvements of Skim's custom tool-tips.
* Add a menu item to select the search field.
* You can now add arrows to a PDF document.
* You can now add notes from external .skim files rather than
just overwriting them.
* PDFSync support. See the Wiki for more information.
* You can now set transparent colors from the color panel.
* You can now set separate PDF view settigns for full screen mode.
* Add a Look Up in Dictionary item to the contextual menu.
* You can now undo edits of notes and highlights.
* Add a hidden preference
(SKActivateFullScreenNavigationAtBottom) to show the navigation
buttons in full screen mode only when moving the mouse at the bottom
of the screen.
* Add hidden preferences for the line widths of circles and
boxes (SKCircleNoteLineWidth and SKSquareNoteLineWidth).
* New tool modes for ading notes or highlights.
* We now don't edit new text notes, so they can be moved,
resized or deleted.
* We now make sure new notes are added to a visible page.
* Disable the TOC menu item when there is no TOC.
* Return to the location that was viewed when reloading a document.
* Search text in a PDf file asynchronously, so it does not block
* Fix crashes that can appear for links with missing URLs.
* Add separators in the Notes menu for categories.
* Fix a crasher when reverting a PDF-document.
* Fix typos in the Help and update for new features.
* Fix a crasher when reverting the document. Unfortunately this
disabled tool tips.
* Open the contents pane to display the search term when opening
* Save notes when auto-saving and exporting as PDF.
* Remember the width of notes pane.
* Fix leaks leading to excessive memory use.
* Fix back-tabbing through notes and links.
* Zooming using the scroll-wheel now only affects the current
* Lazy updating of page thumbnails to avoid slowdown when
opening a file.