I'm planning an SBCL user survey. What follows is my current list of questions.
Please let me know if you have comments on the form of questions, or
suggestions on additional questions.
* What country do you live in? [free text]
* How old are you? [free text]
* How long have you been using SBCL? [options for <1 y, 1-2y, 2-5y, 5-10y]
* How long have you been using Common Lisp? [options as above, but
with additional 10-20y and >20y options]
* How long have you been programming? [options as above]
* How do you obtain the SBCL you use? [options for CVS/Git, source
tarball, sbcl.org binary, distribution binary, installed by local
* What version of SBCL are you currently using?
(lisp-implementation-version) [free text]
* How often do you update SBCL to a new version? [options for weekly,
monthly, bimonthly, a few times a year, yearly, less often than once a
year, whenever the distribution binary package is updated]
* What operating systems and architectures do you use SBCL on?
[options for the supported arch/os matrix]
* What do you use SBCL for? [free text]
* What SBCL contribs do you use? [options for contribs]
* How useful do you find the SBCL documentation? [options for
not-at-all, somewhat, quite, extremely]
* Additional comments about documentation? [free text]
* Do you follow sbcl-help? [yes/no]
* Do you follow sbcl-devel? [yes/no]
* Do you visit #lisp@...? [yes/no]
* Do you visit #sbcl@...? [yes/no]
* What is your main source of information about SBCL? Is it sufficient? [yes/no]
* What is your overall impression of SBCL? [free text]
* What are three main things you hope from future SBCL development?
(These can be specific issues or general trends -- whatever you
consider important.) [free text]