The annotated tag "sbcl-sbcl-1.0.58" has been created in SBCL:
at 3bfa47bac280b83d164a40e43bd9210901289b5e (tag)
tagging b558c5562fe10ff90a346a722895fc75dd4ffe61 (commit)
tagged by Juho Snellman
on Mon Aug 6 08:46:46 2012 +0200
- Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
changes in sbcl-sbcl-1.0.58 relative to sbcl-1.0.57:
* enhancement: implicit generic function warnings now specify the package
in which the new generic function is being created.
* enhancement: SB-EXT:ATOMIC-UPDATE makes it easy to perform non-destructive
updates of CAS-able places (similar to Clojure's swap!).
* enhancement: run-program no longer decodes and re-encodes environment when
:environment argument is not provided. (lp#985904)
* enhancement: errors during compiler-macro expansion no longer cause
runtime errors, only a compile-time warning, otherwise behaving as if
the compiler macro had declined to expand.
* optimization: On x86-64, code alignment of block headers is done with
multi-byte NOPs now instead of repetitions of the single-byte NOP.
* optimization: MAP-INTO is substantially faster when the target sequence is
of unknown type; mapping into lists is no longer O(N^2). (thanks to James
* optimization: the compiler no longer heap-conses to check exits in cases
where the exit function is dynamic extent, or when it can prove the exit
function cannot escape.
* optimization: SB-SEQUENCE:DOSEQUENCE is faster on vectors of unknown
element type, and vectors that aren't SIMPLE-ARRAYs.
* optimization: CL:SORT and CL:STABLE-SORT are more efficient in execution
speed (around 1/3 the time in some cases), and a little better in terms of
comparison calls. (Thanks to Takeru Ohta)
* bug fix: On SPARC, a limitation on the number of code constants emittable
by the compiler has been lifted, allowing certain long functions to
compiled and assembled which had previously been unsupported; fixes
cl-bench on this ISA (lp#1008996).
* bug fix: potential for infinite recursion during compilation of CLOS slot
typechecks when dependency graph had loops. (lp#1001799)
* bug fix: error forms reported with some program-errors were not escaped
* bug fix: functions from EVAL are now on more equal footing with functions
from COMPILE. (lp#1000783, lp#851170, lp#922408)
* bug fix: ENSURE-GENERIC-METHOD-COMBINATION accepts method combination
objects as its :METHOD-COMBINATION argument, not just lists designating
method combinations. (lp#936513)
* bug fix: run-program no longer unconditionally uses /tmp/ for temporary
* bug fix: restore build on solaris/sparc. (lp#1008506)
* bug fix: an issue with LDB in the PowerPC backend has been resolved;
this fixes an issue found with cl-postgres (thanks to Tomas Hlavaty).
* bug fix: compiler-macro lambda-lists specifying non-keyword symbols
as keyword arguments no longer accidentally match unevaluated symbols
* bug fix: FORMAT used to loop infinitely in some cases when a COLINC
parameter was zero, now it signals an error. (lp#905817, fixed since
* bug fix: run-program with :pty t no longer makes the pty as the process's
Cyrus Harmon (2):
implicit generic function warning improvement
Miscellaneous cleanups for threaded darwin platforms
David Lichteblau (14):
Fix inline fixnum LDB on PowerPC for certain bytespecs
Simplify ppc's MOVE-TO-WORD/INTEGER
In whitespace canonicalization, find a suitable make automatically
Relax an implicit restriction on the number of code constants on SPARC
Fix typo in whitespacely-canonical-filenames
Make run-sbcl.sh executable
brief_print: reset cur_lines
Use %p for pthread pointers in debugging output
Simplify %symbol-value-in-thread further
Use preprocessor includes for link_or_copy on Windows
Temporarily disable problematic exhaust tests on Windows
win32: Mark all currently failing tests as such
Restore buildability of run-program.impure on win32
James M. Lawrence (3):
fix MAP-INTO performance
automate widetag dispatching
widetag dispatch for MAP-INTO
Juho Snellman (2):
Update to asdf 2.23
sbcl-1.0.58: will be tagged as "sbcl-sbcl-1.0.58"
Lutz Euler (10):
Use multi-byte NOPs for code alignment on x86-64.
Add a missing launchpad reference to NEWS.
Small enhancements to ISQRT
Skip the float.pure.lisp/RANGE-REDUCTION test outside x86.
Add a test for range reduction of trigonometric functions on non-x86.
Fix test character.pure.lisp / BUG-994487 on non-unicode.
Micro-optimization: Avoid byte register writes on x86-64 in LOAD-TYPE.
Add tests for two bugs that were incidentally fixed some time ago.
Improve docstrings of MAKE-RANDOM-STATE and SEED-RANDOM-STATE.
Correct the info directory entry in sbcl-internals.texinfo.
Nikodemus Siivola (26):
break infinite recursion in GENERATE-SLOTD-TYPECHECK
COMPILED-PROGRAM-ERROR source form needs *PRINT-ESCAPE*
factor debug-name cleaning into a separate function
robustify COUNT-FULL-CALLS in the test suite
refactor GET-TOPLEVEL-FORM &co between debugger and disassembler
fix source information for functions from EVAL
make ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION accept method combination arguments
some nincompoop broke the build
move vm-array.lisp earlier in the build, remove %%SAETP-INFO%%
add DO-VECTOR-DATA, remove special case from VECTOR-MAP-INTO
elide value cells for NLXs when it seems like the right thing
emit compiler notes of NLX value-cells when (> SPEED SAFETY)
sb-alien-internals: ALIEN-VALUE to extract value of a symbol bound to an alien
sb-alien: some alien refactoring
adjust compiler-macro expansion and lambda-list parsing
test backtrace-interrupted-condition-wait works on Darwin/x86-64
fix :DEBUGGER :SOURCE 2 test on unithreaded builds
a few more tests to skip on unithreaded builds
test backtrace-interrupted-condition-wait works on Darwin/x86 as well
add .mailmap so "git shortlog -ns" counts properly
a few more .mailmap entries
fix long-standing debug-name confusion
Paul Khuong (2):
Improved merge-sort implementation for lists
Fix threads on Darwin 10.8
Stas Boukarev (7):
run-program: Don't decode and re-encode environ.
run-program: Don't use /tmp unconditionally.
gensym: Don't restrict numerical argument to fixnum.
Restore build on sparc/solaris.
Declare types for sb-kernel:coerce-to-condition.
run-program: Don't make pty the process's controlling terminal.
Fix build of contribs on Windows.
Tomas Hlavaty (1):
turn off *PRINT-PRETTY* when reporting test results, want line per result