I've just released sbcl-1.1.5 in git and to sourceforge; as usual,
binaries for various platforms will trickle in over the next few days.
The release notes are appended to this message.
changes in sbcl-1.1.5 relative to sbcl-1.1.4:
* minor incompatible change: SB-SPROF:WITH-PROFILING no longer loops
* new feature: package local nicknames. See manual for details.
* new feature: SB-EXT:MAP-DIRECTORY provides a powerful interface for
directory traversal: it is the backend used by SBCL for CL:DIRECTORY.
* enhancement: easier to use restarts for resolving name-conflicts
resulting from IMPORT, EXPORT, or USE-PACKAGE.
* enhancement: variant DEFPACKAGE forms now signal a full error with
restarts provided for resolving the situation. (lp#891351)
* enhancement: by setting SB-EXT:*ON-PACKAGE-VARIANCE* appropriately variant
DEFPACKAGE forms can now signal a full error with restarts provided for
resolving the situation. See manual for details. (lp#891351)
* enhancement: make-random-state now uses CryptGenRandom as a seed on Windows.
(Thanks to Anton Kovalenko.) (lp#1102748)
* enhancement: backtrace improvements
** secondary CLOS dispatch functions have better debug names (lp#503081)
** easier to read method names in backtraces. See
** SB-DEBUG:PRINT-BACKTRACE and SB-DEBUG:LIST-BACKTRACE are available as
forwards-compatible replacements for SB-DEBUG:BACKTRACE and
** SB-DEBUG:*SHOW-ENTRY-POINT-DETAILS** has been deprecated, as the same
information is available in less intrusive form as frame annotations.
* enhancement: SB-POSIX now provides MAP-ANON.
* enhancement: test-suite results are colorized, failures in red, unexpected
success in green. Works on Windows and on terminals with ANSI escape code
support. Can be disabled with --no-color.
* optimization: SB-CONCURRENCY:QUEUE implementation is more efficient.
(thanks to James M. Lawrence)
* bug fix: no more unused variable style warnings from RESTART-CASE
* bug fix: no more unused variable style warnings when loading
* bug fix: deleting a package removes it from implementation-package
lists of other packages.
* bug fix: SB-SPROF:WITH-PROFILING is now usable in the Slime REPL on Darwin.
This does not fix the occasional "interrupt already pending" issue, though.
* bug fix: (setf (documentation 'x 'function)) and
(setf (documentation #'x t)) set documentation in different places.
(regression since 22.214.171.124)
* bug fix: build on newer glibc. (lp#1095036)