I have just done the release dance for sbcl-1.1.2; an x86-64/Linux
binary (and the source code) are now available at sourceforge. The
release notes are appended to this message; please consume responsibly,
taking particular note of the new arrangements on Windows.
changes in sbcl-1.1.2 relative to sbcl-1.1.1:
* notice: System requirements for SBCL on Microsoft Windows: Windows NT 5.1
or newer (Windows XP, Server 2003) is required. Support for Windows 2000
(NT 5.0) is no longer being maintained.
* notice: Starting with this version, SBCL on Windows no longer supports
building with disabled thread support.
* enhancement: frlocks have been added to SB-CONCURRENCY contrib module.
* enhancement: New feature sb-dynamic-core allows the runtime to be
rebuilt or relocated without requiring changes to the core file on
all linkage table platforms. Required on Windows. (Thanks to Anton
* enhancement: Console I/O streams use UCS-2. (Thanks to Anton Kovalenko.)
* enhancement: I/O on Windows unnamed pipes is interruptible
asynchronously using interrupt-thread, timers when running on Windows NT
version 6.1 or newer (Windows 7, Server 2008 R2). (Thanks to Anton
* enhancement: Support for the experimental safepoint-based stop-the-world
protocol on the PowerPC platform.
* bug fix: Non-blocking reads from the Windows console were not necessarily
non-blocking. Thanks to Anton Kovalenko. (lp#308923)
* bug fix: stability of threads on Windows has been improved upon through
an updated stop-the-world protocol (thanks to Anton Kovalenko).