changes in sbcl-1.0.58 relative to sbcl-1.0.57:
* enhancement: implicit generic function warnings now specify the package
in which the new generic function is being created.
* enhancement: SB-EXT:ATOMIC-UPDATE makes it easy to perform non-destructive
updates of CAS-able places (similar to Clojure's swap!).
* enhancement: run-program no longer decodes and re-encodes environment when
:environment argument is not provided. (lp#985904)
* enhancement: errors during compiler-macro expansion no longer cause
runtime errors, only a compile-time warning, otherwise behaving as if
the compiler macro had declined to expand.
* optimization: On x86-64, code alignment of block headers is done with
multi-byte NOPs now instead of repetitions of the single-byte NOP.
* optimization: MAP-INTO is substantially faster when the target sequence is
of unknown type; mapping into lists is no longer O(N^2). (thanks to James
* optimization: the compiler no longer heap-conses to check exits in cases
where the exit function is dynamic extent, or when it can prove the exit
function cannot escape.
* optimization: SB-SEQUENCE:DOSEQUENCE is faster on vectors of unknown
element type, and vectors that aren't SIMPLE-ARRAYs.
* optimization: CL:SORT and CL:STABLE-SORT are more efficient in execution
speed (around 1/3 the time in some cases), and a little better in terms of
comparison calls. (Thanks to Takeru Ohta)
* bug fix: On SPARC, a limitation on the number of code constants emittable
by the compiler has been lifted, allowing certain long functions to
compiled and assembled which had previously been unsupported; fixes
cl-bench on this ISA (lp#1008996).
* bug fix: potential for infinite recursion during compilation of CLOS slot
typechecks when dependency graph had loops. (lp#1001799)
* bug fix: error forms reported with some program-errors were not escaped
* bug fix: functions from EVAL are now on more equal footing with functions
from COMPILE. (lp#1000783, lp#851170, lp#922408)
* bug fix: ENSURE-GENERIC-METHOD-COMBINATION accepts method combination
objects as its :METHOD-COMBINATION argument, not just lists designating
method combinations. (lp#936513)
* bug fix: run-program no longer unconditionally uses /tmp/ for temporary
* bug fix: restore build on solaris/sparc. (lp#1008506)
* bug fix: an issue with LDB in the PowerPC backend has been resolved;
this fixes an issue found with cl-postgres (thanks to Tomas Hlavaty).
* bug fix: compiler-macro lambda-lists specifying non-keyword symbols
as keyword arguments no longer accidentally match unevaluated symbols
* bug fix: FORMAT used to loop infinitely in some cases when a COLINC
parameter was zero, now it signals an error. (lp#905817, fixed since
* bug fix: run-program with :pty t no longer makes the pty as the process's